BetterLocation is very cool helper for converting various inputs into your favorite services as Google, Waze, Sygic and much more.
Parsing and eventually generating
- Coordinates: WGS84, USNG, MGRS, UTM, ...
- Codes: Geocaching GCxxx, What3Words, Open Location Codes (Plus Codes), Geohash, ...
- Various links: maps.google.com, Glympse.com, Mapy.cz, Intel.Ingress.com, Foursquare (city guide), ...
- Short links: goo.gl, bit.ly, tinyurl.com, t.co, tiny.cc, ...
- Telegram (live) location and venues
- EXIF from uncompressed images
- Searching and sharing dynamically via Telegram inline using Google
- Displaying various location metadata: address, elevation, timezone, DST, current time
Main focus is to have powerful tool in Telegram, as you can see on the screenshot below.
Website has some features too!
Any location on Earth can be represented as coordinates in WGS 84
For example center of Prague in Czechia is located at
50.087451,14.420671, so URL is simply
so to get some info about particular location, just open that link.
Very simple API is also available by adding
?format=json to the url, eg:
Although this is hobby project, some parts (bot, website, API) are already helping people and organizations around the world.
Anything can change at any time without warning, but I'm doing my best I can to not break anything and keep it running as smooth as possible. But just in case, if you want rocks-steady support, new feature or just ask for something, don't hesitate and contact me.